Wednesday, March 31, 2010

On being

Light me up and

I’ll explode in a fusion of color and spark

And hairless little innocents

Will point with peanut butter –covered fingers

And ooh and awe at my splendor

While middle -aged house wives who have seen

The same act a million times

Will fix their pastel sweaters

While infants scream because in their eyes,

The world is ending.

Light me up and I’ll drip like wax; melt in an unsteady but never –ending

Flow of flesh-colored sludge.

I mold when at room temperature,

And bend and mush to the shape

Of your desire

When your bored and careless fingers fidget,

Leaving and exact replica of your

Fingerprint,

And I scream without a sound

In my ugly and deformed way.

1 comment:

  1. You have amazing imagery in this meghan! everything i read i could SEE. I really like this one, its lovely in kind of a sad way. I don't really know what it is about, cuz I'm not so grand at analyzing poetry and all, but I more than loved reading this, so that in my mind, makes it beautiful. yayy meghan!

    ReplyDelete