Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I found this folded in a notebook from highschool

she stands resolute and pure
wet hair, cotton dress,
smelling of soap and colgate.
The room is bright and the weather
is hot and dry.
the water on her body already mingles with sweat,
and noon has yet to come.
Without brushing her hair,
and with lips devoid of paint, she steps outside to feel the sun on her skin warming her and drying her. Filling her stomach and healing her mind. She raises her face with closed eyes, feeling the faint and trickling breeze from the cavernous and fantastic tree rooted next to her. And she begins to dance.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me think of Isadora Duncan (however I don't know all too much about her so I could be thinking of someone else and have her confused?) I love it! I want to do this every day of my life... LOVELY MEGGERS!

    ReplyDelete